About Me

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Poem Reprise: Give a Thing

Give A Thing

Trust is a curious thing
You toss it forward
and it bounces back
in surprising trajectory,
knocking you backward
down a basement stair

You grab for the banister
Rearranging your outfit
you climb back up with
shaky steps, considering
the ways you may shorten
your skirt and reappear


© 2010 Annie King


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Give a Thing first appeared here. Thank you all, for your comments then, and any new comments, now.

2 comments:

  1. Haha! I just read my comment - funny looking back at one's comments.

    My husband had called me away and now I'm back, and I've forgotten what I was going to say! Anyway, I love that poem. Trusting another person is always hard for me. I have to get to know them first before revealing myself too much, which sounds so ironic when I blog, facebook etc. LOL.

    Thank you so much for your comments re my short stories. They're quite heavy numbers, I think, so thanks again for stepping outside your square and taking the time and effort. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joanne,

    Thank you for posting them! I enjoy your stories for the characterization and the psychological depth.

    ReplyDelete